2018 Charity Outreach Program Overview
Participation in the 2018 Charity Outreach Program requires digital acceptance of the terms outlined below and participation in a virtual Charity Training. You will be able to complete acceptance of the terms of the Charity Outreach Program Guidelines when registering for the Charity Training webinar.
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the only authorized charitable giving drive for employees in the federal workplace. Launched by President Kennedy in 1961, the CFC is one of the largest charitable workplace giving programs in the world.
The Combined Federal Campaign of South Central Texas is the local campaign for federal employees and retirees in the South Central Texas region. Through the collective contributions of civilian and military federal employees, the campaign generated more than $1.1M in 2017 in pledges for participating local, national, and international charities in 2017.
Throughout the campaign, charities may have the opportunity—via kickoffs, charity fairs, speaking opportunities, etc.—to meet directly with campaign leaders and generous federal employees. These activities provide charities the opportunity for visibility across the CFC donor base.
Why is CFC event participation so important?
Your participation in campaign events is critical. Research has shown that it often takes four to six touchpoints before a donor makes a pledge. Campaign events provide one of these important touchpoints. Our messaging encourages federal employees to support the charitable cause(s) that are most important to them, and they may arrive at campaign events searching for that cause. Another important facet of the campaign this year is storytelling. Success stories that federal employees hear from charities or their beneficiaries at events can be very powerful and motivational. Don’t miss your opportunity to talk face-to-face with generous federal employees this year! Do your best to have a representative from your organization attend all the campaign events to which you are invited.
Charities that wish to participate in Charity Outreach Program activities must agree to follow these guidelines by signing the attached 2018 Outreach Program Guideline Agreement.
Charity Outreach Program Guidelines
These guidelines have been set forth to administer the CFC fairly and equitably for all charities within the campaign. Before attending and/or speaking at any campaign events or any associated activity, a leader from your organization must carefully read, sign, and return this form.
- We understand that we are at a CFC event; therefore, fundraising and collecting names is prohibited.
- At any event, promotional items of nominal value may be distributed; however, the sale of items is strictly prohibited. Our representatives will check with department or agency sponsors before engaging in raffles, drawings, or any promotion which could be construed as gaming or gambling.
- We understand that when we are at a CFC event, we are there to represent not only our organization, but all charities in the campaign, and will abide by CFC regulations 5 CFR Part §950, OPM instructions, and federal department and agency ethics guidelines.
- Our organization has representatives who are willing and able to enter United States government facilities to attend charity fairs.
- If someone from our organization agrees to attend a campaign event, the representative will arrive on time and with appropriate photo identification(s) issued by a valid government agency (driver’s license, U.S. passport, or other). Note: At times, certain state identification cards such as driver’s licenses have been deemed unacceptable for entrance into federal government facilities. Please check in advance to ensure your state’s licensing program meets federal standards. Otherwise, an alternate form of identification will be required, such as a U.S. passport. Some facilities may require two forms of ID. Credit cards are not considered identification. Library cards, voter registration cards, and any document issued by the government may be acceptable second forms of identification, but you should always check in advance.
- If unable to attend (after confirming their participation), the representative will inform the CFC and the department or agency organizer as soon as possible.
- Representatives will provide customer service in a professional manner and will greet, receive, and thank all attendees with equal respect, dignity, and enthusiasm.
- Representatives will not attend events to which our organization has not been invited.
- We will use only the allotted display area and understand that we may have to share table space with other charities.
- We will attend all CFC events in professional attire (e.g., no shorts, flip-flops, etc.).
- We will inform CFC officials immediately about any significant problems encountered or any changes in our contact information.
- We understand that photography (even photographing our own display) may be restricted. We will check in advance before bringing cameras or cell phones inside the facility. We will ensure that any staffers attending campaign events know of the CFC Charity Outreach Program requirements.
All CFC-approved charities must register for and complete CFC Charity Briefing. The briefing is required to participate in any on-site CFC charity activities this Zone. Virtual briefing dates are:
Only one briefing is required.
Failure to complete the briefing will result in suspension of your participation in 2018 CFC charity activities. If your charity has already completed 2018 Charity Outreach briefing in another zone, click here.
Virtual Charity Fair
The 2018 Virtual Charity Fair will feature a short video from participating OPM approved charities located within the zone. Videos will be published on the zone's public You Tube channel and website. To participate, please upload an informal 30-60 second video identifying your charity, your mission, who you impact, and how donations will help advance your cause(s). The deadline to upload your video is October 3, 2018.
Instructions to upload your video:
- Visit http://bit.ly/VirtualCharityCFC019. Accessing this form will require authentication via a Google connected account.
- Complete the required fields.
- Upload your video file of no more than 60 seconds in a standard video format (MOV, MP4 (MPEG4), AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, MPEGPS, WebM.)
Only one video will be accepted per charity or federation. Due to the high volume of participation, only videos that meet the requirements and are submitted by the deadline will be featured.
If you have any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 833-568-3232.